Canadian Judicial Council provides guides for self-represented litigants which can be found here:

  1. Criminal Law Handbook for Self-Represented Accused
  2. Family Law Handbook for Self-Represented Litigants
  3. Civil Law Handbook for Self-Represented Litigants

Canadian Legal Information Institute/CanLII – a non-profit providing free access to court judgments from all Canadian courts. Visit

Law Line – the Law Line helps callers by providing free legal information. Call 668-5297 or toll free at 866-667-4305. Visit

Legal Aid – if you need a lawyer but cannot afford to pay, they may be able to provide a lawyer at no cost or low cost. Call 667-5210 or visit their website at

Yukon Public Law Library – Open to all members of the public. Located in the Courts Building on Second Avenue. Call them at 667-3086 or visit their website at

Family Law Information Centre/FLIC – A public service to assist self-represented people understand family law procedures and to help them resolve their family law matters faster. Phone their help line at 456-6721 or visit their website at

Council of Yukon First Nations – Justice Programs – Justice Staff provides information, basic counseling and interpretation of documents, Acts, guidelines, Criminal Code and regulations. Visit their website for more information or call 393-9200.

Yukon Courts at provides a description of each type of court. Visit the Court Services website at for answers to questions about fine payment; jury duty; child support and filing for divorce. The Court Registry or at 667-5441 can receive court ordered payments; provide information on actions proceeding in court and court filings.

Employment Standards – this Yukon Government, Community Services office enforces the minimum standards of employment, such as wages and hours of work, as set out in the Employment Standards Act. The office provides information, education and dispute resolution services for employees and employers. Contact them at or 867-667-5944.

Residential Tenancies Office – this Yukon Government, Community Services office provides information about the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants as set out in the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. They also provide legally binding dispute resolution when issues arise that cannot be resolved by landlords and tenants. Contact them at or call 867-667-5944.

Victim Services – Yukon Government office providing services to people affected by crime by listening and providing information. Reach them at 867-667-8500 or by email at

Yukon Human Rights Commission – Accepts inquiries and complaints about allegations discrimination in employment, services and tenancy. Contact them at 867-667-6226 or visit their website at

Yukon Ombudsman – assists the public who are treated unfairly while accessing a public service. Contact them at or by calling 667-8468.

Find a Notary Public — the Law Society of Yukon does not provide notary public services.  A list of Notary Publics in the Yukon is maintained by the Government of Yukon and is available at the following link:

Contact List for Matters Involving Mortgage Discharges

Liste des personnes-ressources pour les dossiers de quittance hypothecaire